Senior Software Engineer
BiggerPockets seeks 1 Full-Time Senior Software Engineer in Fort Wayne.
- Building Ruby on Rails applications, including complex groups of back-end microservices and data processing scripts.
- Maintaining and developing new features in the existing monolithic Rails application.
- Designing and developing applications for BiggerPockets and coordinating with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure.
- Taking a feature specification and delivering beautiful, robust and resilient features.
- Use data science and machine learning skills to develop ML algorithms and statistical models that drive the core business metrics.
- Optimizing the performance of existing codebase.
- Providing input on product technical architecture.
- Perform code reviews and participate in defining and supporting coding best practices.
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related.
- 2.5 years of professional experience as a Software Engineer. Experience in aggregate must include:
- 2.5 years of professional experience working specifically in Ruby on Rails, including Ruby programming language and the Ruby on Rails framework
- 1.5 years of professional experience in building Data pipelines, Statistical Models and Machine Learning algorithms using languages like R or Python
- 2.5 years of professional experience in Database design and administration skills, including PostgreSQL
- 2 years experience of breaking monolithic Ruby on Rails application into microservices and web service
architecture design including designing and developing API’s
- 1 year of experience in AWS services including RDS, S3, EC2